Updated X-ray and Progress

September 18, 2009

Last night I was not feeling at all good about the “drop-off surgery” designation for Phoebe’s C-Section. I called my friend Bonnie, she called her vet and cajoled him into seeing me today. He’s a jewel and will come to his clinic to do a C-Section when Phoebe says it’s time. The puppies are huge, but he thinks we might still have until mid-week. So, it’s all good. I feel like I’m dealing with a veterinarian who understands what serious breeders go through, and I know Phebes will get the best possible care. This vet insists that the breeder be in the operating room during the Section, so I’ll know who is puppy #1 and who is puppy #2 — I’m still going to use the little numbered collars (unless the puppies have outgrown them by the time they are born).

On this x-ray, I have followed the lines of the two spines, adding little turquoise dots so you can easily pick them up.  These are really huge puppies!

xray 9-18-09


  1. Kaye says:

    Oh good this answers my question on the C-myste post. We will just have to wait a little longer to find out what they are:)

  2. Dawn says:

    Wow those are huge. I too was hoping the original ultrasound was wrong ands there were a few more hiding so they wouldnt be so huge. Poor Phoebe-that is going to be painful either way. (chants)Safe delivery, happy healthy pups and mom!

  3. Sandy says:

    Thank goodness for vets who remember why they took up the profession.